Why So Serious? Our Tips will Help You To Be Funny
It is evident that those who are charming and funny are not born this way, but rather acquire necessary qualities with time and learn how to be funny in the process of personal development. During the early years of childhood, people start to acquire necessary skills and traits of character that define their personality. But even if you have not learnt the things that are needed for being funny as a child, don’t worry! All you need is an understanding of what it takes to be a really fun and humorous person who can charm people around. The fundamental thing you have to remember is that being funny does not mean making jokes at all times. It also does not mean acting like a clown. A really fun person is the one who is happy and light-hearted being able to use the circumstances to make up something genuinely funny out of nothing.
Before we start discussing the steps to become a funny person, there are a few things that need to be made clear. The first one is that you cannot please all people around without exceptions. That is why you should not feel frustrated if someone from the crowd is not laughing at your jokes. The second one is that it takes some time to develop a good sense of humor. You should also keep in mind that by making attempts to become a more charming and funnier person, you should be ready to change your entire personality and become a completely different person. And this is what will undoubtedly take some time. In general, you should change your attitude to the world around in order not to look at it from a negative perspective and avoid being boring. You should always be involved and try to say your word in any conversation.
In any case, if you are reading this essay, you are on the right track. More so, fun and joyful people always live a much better life having more friends and feeling happier about the world they live in. Funny people leave a truly memorable impression. So here are some useful tips on how to become funny.
- At the initial stage of changing your personality, you have to take small steps to become better than you are. First of all, you need to think positively. If you want to achieve success in your endeavors to become funnier, you should start from developing a positive attitude to the world and surrounding people. You should take an optimistic approach towards your life and try to always look at the brighter side of the events happening on a daily basis.
- The next step is to learn to laugh cheerfully. If a person has an amiable laugh and a pleasant smile spread on his/her face when meeting someone new or chatting with close friends, such person is likely to be regarded as not only friendly, but also fun to spend time with. Therefore, if you want to learn to be funny, you should start from changing into a more likeable person.
- The kind of people you spend time with also plays a significant role. By spending more time in the company of old or new friends, you will constantly shape your attitude towards your own life. If you spend time with those who enjoy laughing and making jokes, you will be able to observe them and learn how to behave like they do.
- Comedies or comedian shows on TV will also give you inspiration and help you to become funnier without any effort. This works similarly to reading autobiographies of famous and reputable people, which is claimed to help people to achieve success in various spheres of their life. In such a way, watching comedies and shows will make you funnier and happier in no time as you will learn a few tricks on how to make a laugh or crack jokes in different situations. Besides, while watching a comedian show, you should not simply listen to the jokes, but rather observe the behavior of characters on the screen as well as their movements and gestures. The matter is that a funny person is not the one who recites funny lines from comedies. The manner in which you tell various humorous stories can also make a great difference.
- You should also learn how to think out of the box and notice the funny aspects in everything around. You should have a mischievous attitude towards people and situations that happen to you in order to see additional meaning in daily conversations with your friends and acquaintances.
- Furthermore, it is advisable to develop self-confidence. It is undoubtedly not easy to be joyful and funny at all times, so you need to like your own personality in order to know when it is right time to crack a joke while having a conversation with a friend. If you are self-confident and are sure that you are a fun person to be around, everybody is likely to feel the same way. It is a rule that a funny person gets even funnier if he/she is self-confident.
- Another advice is to read jokes in media resources on a regular basis. This way, you will pick some catchphrases that can be used in conversations with other people. Reading jokes will help you to visualize various scenarios from your personal life. You may not necessarily memorize the funny stories or jokes you read. In any case, such activity will help you to find something funny in different life situations and imagine similar experiences in real life.
- It is also important to develop the right intonation. You should have a clear idea of where to make a pause and when to proceed with your story while talking to someone. To achieve this, it is advisable to read newspapers out loud for around half an hour daily. Just imagine a serious person saying a joke and compare this person with a funny guy who might say the same joke, but create a completely different impression making everyone around laugh heartily. In any case, being funny requires certain skills and abilities that can be developed after some time of practice.
Did you like the essay? You may purchase one on our website. Our professionals always deliver high-quality papers to ensure ultimate satisfaction of our customers.