10 Tips How to Determine Your Ideal Productive Hours of Day
Previously, we analyzed how to raise labor productivity. Now we will proceed to analyzing the ways to determine the ideal productive hours of the day. Although everyone knows how long they get ready after waking up in the morning and how long it takes to commute to work, not many people can figure out at what time of the day their level of concentration is the highest. It is important for everyone to understand at what time they should wake up to be more productive in their daily activities and even improve their performance. Every one of us sometimes feels like we want to sleep some more upon waking up in the morning. This is known as morning sleep inertia that can last from two to four hours. We provide a few recommendations that will help you determine your most productive hours of the day. Here are some tips on how to do it.
- It is well known that every person needs certain amount of sleep to be energetic during the day. According to research, the amount of sleep necessary for productivity and wellbeing is seven to eight hours every night. To make sure that you are ready for the daily activities when you come to work, it is important to adjust your wake time to ensure that you have enough energy for the day and your level of concentration is high.
- Try to determine whether you are a night owl or a person who feels better in the morning. This will help you to understand at what time of the day you feel better so that you can adjust your daily activities to work more at night for example in case you are a night owl. Your preferences in this regard are important and you should especially take this aspect into account when looking for a job. If you are a night owl, you will not feel good working in the morning, so your labor productivity will be significantly low. That is why you will have to adjust your timetable to make it more suitable for your sleeping preferences.
- It is important to think over your home responsibilities and to analyze whether you feel better when doing something in the morning or evening. For example, if you have to walk with your dog every morning, but feel upset about it, your ideal productive hours are probably at night time, and vice versa. On the other hand, if you have to get to school to meet your children back from studies, but you feel like it is a tiresome and tedious job, your most productive hours are probably in the morning, while in the evening you will rather feel exhausted and devastated. These tips will help you to determine whether you are most active in the first or second part of the day.
- Consider analyzing your daily activities. What do you usually do in the morning? Drink coffee trying to wake up or enjoy reading fiction being perfectly alert? Answering these questions will ensure that you know what your most productive hours of the day are so that you can adjust your activities accordingly.
- Try to answer the question of what your life choices are. This means that you need to determine how you feel in the morning and in the evening by analyzing what kind of household chores or other activities you have to do every day in the first and second half of the day. This will also help you to determine your most productive hours when your performance is on the rise.
- You should also analyze the kind of work you are doing. For instance, you need to determine whether you have to concentrate hard on some points in your working activity or maybe you have more time to relax during the day. This will help you to analyze how you feel while carrying out your duties at the workplace, and consequently you will understand at what time of the day you feel more focused and concentrated.
- We advise you to keep a diary where you will write whether it takes two or more hours for you to overcome sleep inertia every morning. Consider writing down at what time you go to sleep and at what time you wake up. List your preferences and mention at what time you are more focused on your daily activities.
- Night’s sleep is known as one of the major factors influencing overall state of one’s health. It is more significant than financial stability or emotional relationships with one’s beloved person. Try to determine how sleep influences your daily life.
- Consider adjusting your bedtime schedule and waking up patterns according to your sleep preferences. If you sleep insufficient amount of time being a night owl, you’ll probably feel devastated every morning. Besides, there is a threat of developing sleep disorder, and if it is left undiagnosed, you might have serious health problems in future.
- Don’t forget that your sleeping patterns should be adequate in terms of duration and quality. Disruption of sleep will cause you to wake up feeling exhausted and not refreshed. To ensure that you are more productive at work, your sleeping preferences must be a priority. Good performance requires adequate sleep, while inadequate sleep not only causes harm to one’s health, but also decreases daily productivity.
If you follow all the above recommendations, you will be able to determine your most productive hours of the day and adjust your daily activities accordingly. This will help you to enhance your performance at the workplace and at home as well as raise overall productivity. All you have to do is to answer the questions raised in this essay to determine whether you are a night owl or a morning person. This will help you to change your sleeping patterns for the better in order to get adequate amount or sleep and be healthy.
If you liked the essay, you can order one on our website. Read our blog to learn more about the benefits of ordering papers online. Our professionals will ensure that your essay is of high quality and free of plagiarism.