Gay Rights Persuasive Essay: Arguments against Gay Marriage
Gay rights essays generally speak either in favor or against gay marriage. In the recent times, the legalization of gay marriage has become an urgent issue that needs to be solved without causing harm to the welfare of the society. The following gay marriage rights essay will explore why same-sex marriage is harmful and why it should not be legalized, although in many states, it had already become legal, which resulted in a number of negative consequences. Just like all essays on gay rights, the following gay rights persuasive essay will provide arguments that will justify the position of the author. It should be noted that in the modern conditions of global democratization, gay rights are protected in many countries of the world, which has a number of effects on the social wellbeing as will be discussed below. The goal of the current gay rights movement essay is to persuade the public that gay marriage should not be made a rightful procedure because it causes irreparable harm not only to the society in general, but to the wellbeing of children as well.
Current gay rights argumentative essay deals with such issues as the effects of gay marriage on child upbringing, its impact on the social morality, the consequences of gay marriage legalization and many others. Current essay on gay rights will not explore the reasons of why gay marriage has already been made legal in many states of the USA and across the world. Instead, it will defend the position against this phenomenon in order to make the public aware of the harmful consequences associated with gay marriage legalization. Here are some arguments against the legalization of gay marriage.
- For a start, the current gay rights essay will explain why gay marriage is basically not marriage at all. If something is called marriage, it does not necessarily mean the same. It is evident that since the ancient time, marriage has been defined as a union of a man and a woman formed for the purpose of procreation and upbringing of children. Those who are in favor of homosexual marriage offer something completely different, namely a union of either two women or two men. Basically, this is against the biological and physiological differences between the two genders. It also contradicts the major purpose of any marriage, which is giving birth to children and raising them for the sake of the prosperity of human race. That is why gay marriage cannot be considered a rightful union as it contradicts the human nature.
- Furthermore, gay marriage violates the laws of nature. Marriage stands for something more than just a relationship between men and women. This relationship is guided by the laws of nature. The basic conception of the natural law includes the following: good must be done and evil must be avoided at all costs. This helps people to differentiate between the good and the evil. Everyone therefore knows what is morally right and what is unacceptable and acts in accordance with this knowledge. Promotion of gay rights cannot be justified because the homosexual relationships violate the natural law and basic norms of morality. The laws of nature are universal and apply to the whole human race. In this regard, it should be noted that the distorted purpose of a sexual act among homosexuals is the major violation of elementary laws that have existed since the time immemorial.
- Another important issue is related to the fact that every child should be brought up by both a father and a mother to ensure proper development and prevent mental and psychological deviations. In this regard, it is obvious that gay marriage deprives children of either a mother or a father, which makes such children similar to orphans who have been raised by only one parent. Therefore, it can be assumed that gay marriage violates the interests and rights of children.
- It is also evident that gay marriage encourages the homosexual lifestyle. If same-sex marriage is legalized, it can be called a family union, which means that such union promotes the idea that homosexual lifestyle is perfectly normal for the modern society. This will consequently influence and shape the lifestyle of the whole society, distorting moral values and diminishing the value of traditional marriage. All this might weaken the social morality.
- Another matter of concern is the fact that same-sex marriage is not a family union, because homosexuals cannot give birth to children. A traditional family is aimed at procreation, which is why the use of contraception would be considered a violent act of preventing the birth of a child. Therefore, gay marriage cannot be perceived as normal family, because if two women or two men want to have a child, they must use various artificial means or the assistance of surrogate mothers, and this is a violation of the laws of nature.
- Furthermore, it is evident that one of the major reasons of why the state provides plenty of benefits to the married couples is that marriage is supposed to provide adequate conditions for the upbringing of children for them to be raised in an affectionate and favorable atmosphere being a result of the mutual love between the parents. The aid provided by the state to a family union is suggested to strengthen the society, which reflects the best interests of the state. At the same time, homosexual marriage cannot provide proper conditions for child upbringing. Its major purpose is satisfaction of personal interests by two individuals who have formed a union that is naturally sterile. The protection and support of the state should extend only to real marriage, and not the one that has a distorted vision on what family should be like.
The above arguments prove that gay rights protection is against moral values existing in any normally developing society. Same-sex marriage should therefore not be legalized, because it does not only violate the laws of nature, but is also harmful for the wellbeing of the global society. Although gay marriage has already been legalized in many states of the USA, there is a hope that the society will see the harmful effects produced by such union on the welfare of people and the laws will eventually change in the nearest future.